In order to qualify for this visa, the foreign person must:
- Find an employer who will sponsor him/her;
- The offered position must be a specialty occupation; that is, a position that requires at least a bachelors degree;
- He or she must have at least a bachelors degree or equivalent work experience;
- The salary must be at least the prevailing wage for the position in the geographic region of employment; and
- The sponsor employer must apply for the visa starting on April 1st, 2014
Once the visa is approved, the foreign person is eligible to start working on October 1st, 2014. Any spouse or children under age of 21, will be eligible to obtain H-4 visa as dependents.
Please keep in mind that there is a quota for this visa, which has been recently reached very soon after the opening date (April
1st). Thus, it is advisable to start the process as soon as possible.