As in the last few years, the demand for H-1B this year is expected to be high. Thus, it is very likely that USCIS will select the cases to be adjudicated by lottery. Last year, there were approximately 300,000 H-1B petitions filed, as a result, a lottery was conducted with the cases filed on the first 5 days of April.
If you are a foreign national who has a potential employer in the U.S., or an Employer willing to hire a qualifying foreign national, you should not delay in contacting your immigration attorney to evaluate H-1B qualifications and start the process immediately.
In general terms, in order to qualify for this visa, the foreign person must:
1) Find an employer who will sponsor him/her;
2) The offered position must be a specialty occupation; that is, a position that requires at least a bachelor’s degree;
3) The foreign person must have at least a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience;
4) The salary must be at least the prevailing wage for the position in the geographic region of employment; and
5) The sponsor employer must apply for the visa starting on April 1st, 2016
Once the visa is approved, the foreign person is eligible to start working on October 1st, 2016. Any spouse or children under age of 21, will be eligible to obtain H-4 visa as dependents.
We look forward to assisting you! Please contact our office at 954-843-3494